What you’ll need
(You can find most of these items at your local home improvement store)
- A knife for cutting cardboard
- Moving blankets
- Plastic wrap
- Bungee cords
- Painters/masking tape
- Someone to help
Step 1: Cut cardboard to the size of the TV screen
- After you have a sheet of cardboard that is the right size, attach it over the screen of your TV with painter’s tape
- It’s okay if you cut the cardboard a little too big. You are just looking to cover the screen entirely. Extra cardboard can either be trimmed or folded around the edges of the TV
Step 2: Wrapping
- After securing the cardboard, you must wrap the TV in a moving blanket (or two) and plastic wrap.
- Drape a moving blanket over the television so that the front and back are covered; use multiple blankets if needed.
- Slack can be folded neatly over the screen for an extra layer of protection.
- Once the blankets are properly positioned, apply the plastic wrap to hold the blanket in place.
- You may need an assistant to help keep things in place while wrapping
- In the end, the plastic wrap should be reasonably tight
Transporting Your TV
Step 3: Make sure there is a clear path.
- Moving day can be hectic. Ensure you have a clear walkway to where your television will end up.
Step 4: Team carry
- You should have two people carry your TV, especially if it is large
- One person will walk backward, and one will walk forwards, make sure you go slow, and communicate if something is in the way
Step 5: Securing Your TV
- Once you have loaded the TV into your vehicle, it is good to use bungee straps to ensure it cannot move.
- Usually, it is safest to strap the TV so that it is upright
- If the TV will be pressed against other items, place an extra moving blanket as padding between the TV and whatever is against it
Hopefully, these pointers will assist you as you attempt to prepare and transport your TVs for your upcoming move safely. If you want professional help, contact us at Blue Cow Moving & Storage. We would love to assist you with any of your upcoming moving needs!