Safely Move Artwork
Gather all the items you will need.
- Moving Blankets
- Packing Tape
- A pencil
- A knife for cutting cardboard
- Bungee Cords
Cut cardboard to fit the frame
- This step can be easily accomplished by laying the art face down on a large sheet of cardboard and marking the basic outline with a pencil.
- Then just cut the cardboard and tape it to the art to cover the picture with cardboard.
Wrap with a moving blanket and tape
- Place a moving blanket on the ground
- Place the art on top of it with the art/cardboard side down
- Fold the blanket over the art one side at a time
Use tape to secure the blanket to the art
- Stand up the art (still in the blanket) on its end
- Use tape at several locations to ensure the blanket will not fall off or move
- Rotate the art onto each of its ends to tape it at each location needed
Safely Move Artwork: Securing the art in your vehicle
- Whether or not you can stack the art depends on each picture and frame, don’t stack it if you are unsure.
- The art should be secured in your vehicle with bungee cords to ensure it doesn’t slide around or fall over.
Hopefully, this process of moving art is helpful for you and gives you a sense of direction. If you are interested in hiring professional movers to do this for you, reach out to us at Blue Cow Moving & Storage, we would love to assist with your art and any moving needs you may have!